Sunday, February 10, 2008

Glad to be at Home!

Payton is so thrilled to be at home. I can’t imagine being tied to a pole and locked in your room for 9 days. He got out and you would have thought this kid was just let out of prison. He ran down the hall just as fast as his little legs could carry him, saying “I wana go home now.” When he got in the elevator he told the lady standing there “my truck goes vroom, vroom.” He was anxious to get home and ride his truck around.

Payton slept really well last night and I can’t imagine why. You never get a good night’s sleep at the hospital. He snuggled next to his cars blanket, grinned and closed his eyes.

I know that I have said this a hundred times, but I just can’t believe what a brave little guy Payton is! He amazes me every day. I look back and think about all we have endured the past 9 months and we have such a bond with Payton, one that will never be taken away. I am so grateful that I have had the privilege to be by his side through all of this. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. It is a year that we will never forget, one that has made our faith grow a lot stronger.

5 comments:

aurora said...

Yeah!! And the weather is great. Enjoy your sweet family.

A.L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

We are so excited to see each of you on Valentine's Day! Love you.

Dad and Mom

Lynn said...

Emily: You have been so strong throughout this experience. We are so proud of you and Chad. Thank you for keeping us part of your life with your blog. Love Dad and Mom

irbuanosraL said...

He is amazing. Just reading a few of the things he's gone through, have made me admire that little man so much! I am so glad you're home!!!!