Friday, February 1, 2008

A Birthday to Remember!

I took Payton to clinic this morning to check his counts, his ANC is 0, but he didn’t need a transfusion. Payton started running a low-grade fever early this morning that continued while at the clinic. Just before letting Payton go home, Dr. Bowman thought it would be a good idea to check his temperature again since he thought Payton looked like he wasn’t feeling well. Unfortunately Payton’s temperature spiked above 101.1 which means back into the hospital for us. He has started receiving fluids and antibiotics. Past admissions following 5 day chemo treatments have usually been long, so history would suggest we could be here a while.

Payton has been extemely tired and hasn’t had much energy. He just wants to be held. Can’t blame him.

What a way to spend Chad’s Birthday! Thanks to Becki and Leslie for making sure Chad got a cake and Dennis & Rose for bringing Chad a Birthday dinner at the hospital. You are all great. We love you Chad; you are a great husband and father and we appreciate everything that you do.







4 comments:

smithfamilyfun said...

I finally figured out how to post a comment! I hope you had a great birthday Chad! I hope everything goes ok for you guys in the hospital!

smithfamilyfun said...

By the way I just want it to be known that Chad is one of the best brothers you could ask for! I admire you and Emily for all you are going through and the strength you are to your kids. I love you guys!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chad!! I hope it was good. I miss and love ya!!!

aurora said...

Happy Birthday Chad--

The cake looks yummy and your family is awesome!

- John and Aurora-