Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 2 in the hospital!

Payton has had a rough couple of days. He hasn’t had much energy, hasn’t eaten much and has just wanted to be held. Payton is still on antibiotics and will be through the remainder of this stay. He is still running a low grade fever. He had a rough night last night, trying to get used to being back to the hospital. We aren’t on our usual 3rd Oncology floor since the hospital is booked, so they have us on the 4th floor which the nurses come in, in the middle of the night and wake him up asking him questions. I want to say just leave him alone. I guess you just get used to your same nurses. Payton woke up in the middle of the night yelling for a blue coconut slush from Sonic and then first thing this morning asking for two donuts. We got him two donuts and after a couple bites decided he no longer wanted them and went back to sleep. I know that his taste buds have changed since chemo and he tries certain things and they just don’t taste the same. Payton continues to throw a fit when they try and take his blood pressure, he told his nurse to “go to the naught spot.” It’s only day 2 and we are already sick of this place.


3 comments:

Paula said...

Hi,

I get to your blog by clicking on top in "next blog". And couldn't resist reading your post. I'm terribly sorry if this disturb you in any way.

Hope your son have a better next day tomorrow. I have a friend that had cancer when she was 15 years old, so I know about nights in hospital.

You'll be in may prays.

Paula.-

Nicole said...

Happy late Birthday Chad. My kids pray that Payton will get better every night in family prayer. We hope next year your birthday will be out of the hospital. We send our love. The Browns

irbuanosraL said...

Oh he looks so precious sleeping. I would be telling the nurses to go to the naughty corner too if they were waking me up in the middle of the night and asking questions. grrr. There's a group of us who want to come down and say hi- I'll email you.
Hugs,
A.