Sunday, February 24, 2008

Another great day at home!

We are so glad to be at home. Hopefully we will no longer have to sleep on a hard plastic twin sized bed or have to change our clothes, comb our hair, eat our food with the possibility of an audience of doctors, nurses or cleaning crew. It is really a good feeling.
Payton is really doing well considering. He is still complaining of his bottom hurting. Chad and I have joked that some days it looks as if we are the ones that have just had chemo and not Payton. We are counting down the days until Payton’s GCSF shots and meds are over. He really hates them and I know that Chad hates giving the shots as well.

Today is a beautiful day here in Texas. I am feeling such excitement that spring is on the way and we are almost through and can enjoy some time outdoors and at the parks without the fear of Payton getting sick. It’s crazy to think that in a couple weeks our life could resume to some normalcy.

Payton is still sleeping in our bed and we walked Savannah up to bed and Payton told Savannah “sweet dreams, Sissy.” And then he said “I have a nice room”, of course referring the room that he never sleeps in.

3 comments:

aubs33 said...

Emily, I am so happy for you. I can drop by anything youguys need. You must be so tired. Payton is one tough boy with a bright spirit and tons of energy!

aubs33 said...

..oops I hit send too soon. I meant to add that I noticed that by just being around him for a little while. Despite what he's been through, he's not letting anything stop him is he.

aurora said...

Yipee!!

Just as soon as you are park-bound, let me know because Nicky and I would love to meet you there!