Friday, February 29, 2008

Another fun day at the clinic!

We are back at the clinic today. Payton awoke this morning with a nose bleed and I knew between that and the bruise on his port area that his platelets were low. I got in here and insisted that they access his port, so that he wouldn’thave to be poked twice. I really don’t want Payton to be put through more than is necessary. Sure enough his platelets were really low at 8 and his HGB as well at 7.0. Payton will get both platelets and red blood cells and it looks as if this will be about a 9 hourvisit; been here since 7:30 and should be out of here roughly around 4:30. I felt really bad, that they had to access him though, since he is really bruised and sore. Really glad I brought my laptop, for something to do. The nurse called Dr. Bowman in here, because she thought that Payton might possibly need to be admitted, she said that he looks pretty lethargic. Iam arguing this, because he is not fevering and I told Dr. Bowman that if he fevers, I will have him back here. Dr. Bowman said that we will wait until his transfusions are done and see how Payton looks.

I also talked with Dr. Bowman regarding Payton’s EKG. I was really glad I got to see him, because I wanted to speak with him about it, since I trust him entirely. I had questions that I needed answered in order to ease my mind. Dr. Bowman said let’s notworry about it for now. He said, that Payton has been hit extremely hard with chemo and let’s give him a chance to rebound and we will retest soon. I really needed to hear that. I just love this guy and really trust him. With some of the other doctors and nursepractitioners, you really have to be your child’sadvocate here. When I was here for my Wednesdayappointment, I was told to come back in a week. Ireplied with his platelets at 32,000 and HGB at 8.1and you will see him in a week? I know how quickly Payton can drop and knew that we’d never make it that long. I insisted that they see him before the weekend. We might not even make it through the weekend without fever, but we are really hoping to.

Hopefully, we will be getting out of here today; Iwill keep you updated on how the day goes. For now, Payton is sleeping and is really tired. Can’t blame him with the low counts he has. Thanks for everyone’s love and encouragement and for getting us this far. We are so anxious to be done and glad Payton only has one more outpatient chemo treatment on Wednesday. This will be a day to celebrate. Have a good day, we loveyou all!



Payton has shed a lot of tears today.


Payton getting Platetlets and Red blood cells.


No comments: