Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day 3 in the hospital, really stinks that we are inside and it is sunny and in the 80's outside.

Chad and I rotate taking turns staying overnight with Payton, so that we can each get a break. It was Chad’s turn last night and he said that Payton had a really rough night. He was up most of the night complaining of his bottom hurting and just couldn’t sleep. Payton’s counts were even lower today and he is still dropping, so there is no end in sight of this stay yet. Dr. Bowman decided to move us back to the third floor since a room opened up. Sad, but it actually feels like we are home. The nurses on the 3rd Floor all know Payton well and that makes it easier. I actually got a few smiles out of Payton today. Hoping that he will start feeling better soon.

It was really strange, when Payton was admitted on Friday, Chad got to the clinic just in time to help me move Payton to his room. I was watching Chad carry Patyon, and I was looking at Payton all worn out, looking lifeless and pale and thinking to myself; how did we get here? I feel like sometimes I am just taking it a day at a time and just going through the motions, and every once in a while I wonder what are we doing, where are we at, and how did we get here?





We have started taking Payton's blood pressure while he is asleep, since he hates it.

3 comments:

aurora said...

I am so sorry for your struggles and your exhaustion and frustration. Really, I don't even know what to say-
I am sad to hear that your stay will be longer than you had hoped; I know how much you wanted to avoid it.
I'm glad that you got a few smiles out of him. I'm sure that there will be more tomorrow.

Rochelleht said...

Hey Emily! I'm so sorry to see you are in the hospital AGAIN! UGH! That place gets old sooo fast. I can't imagine how you guys are feeling at this point. I hope he gets better super quickly. I know this is getting toward the end, so it must be even more frustrating being there again. I hope you have a good day today and this ends very quickly. Your strength inspires me!!

Sheryl Johnston said...

Just stopping by and seeing how Payton is doing and letting you know someone is thinking of you.


www.caringbridge/oh/oliviagood