Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back to the clinic for a CBC.

We were back at the clinic today. Payton’s ANC is 21,910 which is really high, his platelets are only at 22,000 and they usually transfuse somewhere between ten and twenty thousand. Platelets are the last thing to recover so we are hoping they will come up on their own. ANC was so high because Payton has been on his GCSF shots; they took him off today, so counts will start to drop again. Hopefully he won’t drop too much, so that we can finish with the final round (yes, #10) in a week or two. We have an appointment on Friday morning to check counts and make sure he doesn’t need a transfusion before the weekend. Tuesday we have an EKG/Echo lined up before we start the next round. We are anxious and ready to have all this craziness over and have our lives resume to some sort of normalcy, whatever the definition of normal is anymore?

Payton was really cross this morning getting out of bed, he just didn’t want to wake up. As we walked into the clinic he told me; “I just want to go home and watch Caillou, mom.” I’m sure every time we walk into the hospital he wonders am I going to be here for two weeks, or do I get to go home today? It didn’t takePayton long to perk up and want to play with Dr. Heym.


Payton and Dr. Heym












3 comments:

aurora said...

I can't believe that #10 is just around the corner!!

I am glad that Payton's counts were good and I hope that he doesn't need a transfusion on friday.

Cute picture with his doctor. :D

aubs33 said...

I am so glad the treatments are almost done. He's such a cutie.
*I have a new blog address*
http://jtbcad.blogspot.com/

Sheryl Johnston said...

Hi Cutie Pie
I am soooo glad to see your home. I haven't been able to stop by the last few days, but was certainly glad to see your happy little smile :)

Hang in there Emily....sure glad you got out for a bit. you need a break too. Hugs

www.caringbridge.org/oh/oliviagood