Sunday, March 2, 2008

Still no high-grade fever, but it has been a rough weekend. Payton looks pretty hammered. His legs are bruised from his GCSF shots, he’s looking skinny, and mouth is still bothering him as well as his bottom. Payton is such a sweet little boy. When we got home from the clinic on Friday, I was giving him a bath to try and soothe his bum, Payton looked up at me and said “mom, are you tired” I replied yes, buddy, he then said “mom, you can go night, night.” He is such an observant little guy and is always so polite. Through all of this he has shown nothing but courage and bravery. My heart is so full of love for this little guy. I’ve often thought if he can be so brave, then so can I. Chad and I fasted today for Payton as he is approaching the end. We are hoping to not have to deal with any long term side effects and that all this will finally be over. We will be back to the clinic tomorrow to check counts and see if we need any further transfusions.


4 comments:

Rochelleht said...

LOVED your testimony yesterday. I hope everything goes well today.

smithfamilyfun said...

We are so proud of you Payton! You are almost there! Hang in there Emily & Chad.

aurora said...

Little Payton is so brave! And so sweet. That is so sweet of him to tell you that you could go to sleep. Sweet Guy.

Hope today proves to be a better day.

Rebecca said...

I hope you got some good night night time. He is so cute. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all. You and Chad are both such inspirations.