Wednesday, March 12, 2008

GREAT NEWS! Payton’s scan’s showed up clear. It’s been a long day and we are glad to have it over. We hadn’t been home more than an hour when Dr. Bowman was on the phone, it actually startled me to why he would be calling so soon. Dr. Bowman said “everything looks clean as a whistle and nothing to be concerned with”. What a relief! Dr. Bowman also said to still be cautious with Payton, since his counts are still low, as determined from the CBC in radiology today. We actually broke away outside for a couple hours while Payton was drinking his contrast and I have some cute pictures of him that I will post. Payton had just fallen asleep before the anesthesiologist arrived, so I carried him down to the CT room asleep, but he woke up as they placed a mask over his face. Poor kid woke up to a doctor and several nurses pinning him down and placing a mask on him. After the CT scan, Payton was really upset as he woke up because he had a peripheral IV in his hand and a scratchy throat from the breathing tube. Thank goodness he is only two and it doesn’t take long for him to forget about things. Love you little guy, you did great today. We will be back to the clinic with Dr. Bowman on Friday for a consultation to map out the next year.


































8 comments:

Nicole said...

My name is Nicole. I was browsing through blogs and came across yours. I felt compelled to comment (hope you dont think I'm wierd). Your family is very adorable. I have a son with a heart defect and I know how scary treatments and surgeries can be. Kids are so strong and they really show us adults what bravery is. I want to say congrats on the clean scan and I hope that your son will just continue to get healthier!

Luísa said...

Congratulations!!
Praying for you all.

Kiss
Lu�sa

Becky said...

So the question of the day is.. did you choose to put on the "Victory" shirt or was it a coincidence? I love it! I am glad his scan was clear!! He wont know what life with constant visits to the dr/hospital is like!

smithfamilyfun said...

Payton, you rock! we are so proud of you!

aurora said...

God Bless You, we love you! We are so happy for little Payton, for your whole family. Much love, John and Aurora.

Rochelleht said...

YEA!!! Congratulations! So glad the scan is clear. Hope the being careful stage ends soon and y'all can start going out together and getting back to a normal life.

I'm so happy everything is coming to a close in such a positive way!

Rebecca said...

Love the VICTORY shirt, so appropriate. I'm so happy that is scan was clean. May you begin to feel a sense of peace in your life as you begin the road to recovery.

Lynn said...

Chad and Emily:

Thanks for keeping us informed throughout this nine month process. We love you, Chad and Payton and Savannah. You have developed strengths as a family you didn't know you had. Heavenly Father has helped Payton more than you will ever know. See you in few weeks! Love Dad and Mom