Thursday, March 6, 2008

It looks as if we have lucked out this round and have avoided the hospital. What a great feeling. When I brought Payton home from the clinic on Monday, I realized that his diaper was still dry from the morning. I worried we would end up back in the hospital if I couldn’t get him to drink. I decided since he wouldn’t drink from a cup or straw that I would get him to drink from a syringe. I spent two hours and finally got him to drink 12 ounces of milk that way. Every day we are seeing signs that Payton is starting to recover. He has his moments when he complains of his mouth and bottom, but is doing quite well. We will be back to the clinic tomorrow for our last day of chemo. Yes, I said last day. Hooray!!!!

We have been having some crazy weather in Texas. Yesterday Payton insisted that he wanted to get out and ride his “Vroom, Vroom” It was such a beautiful day in the low 70’s and now today, snow, what’s up with that? I let the kids go outside, just for a minute so they could play, since we rarely see snow here in Texas. Payton loved the snow, but quickly got tired and wanted to go inside and take a nap.

This was yesterday!

This is today!


2 comments:

aurora said...

Yeah!!!! I hope that you are in the clinic right now!

Amazing about this weather, huh? I am glad that you posted pics to show the contrast. My kids were doing sidewalk chalk one day and making snowmen the next!

aubs33 said...

Cute pictures of your kids in the snow. Such crazy weather indeed!
I'm so glad you are nearing the end of this. Thanks for sharing your experiences, it really has touched me and helped me put things in perspective.
A.L.