Friday, March 7, 2008

A day to celebrate; Payton's last chemo day!

Our friend Lisa Dixon has been so great through all of this, she has been such a great support and I really appreciate her stepping in and taking the initiative. Every day we are reminded how the Lord works through others to get us through whatever challenges that we are facing. I only hope that I can repay the favor, to someone in need, someday. Tonight she brought by a candy bar poster for Payton and a congratulations balloon for finishing up with his chemo. Payton was thrilled! Thanks Lisa, we love you!

Thanks to everyone that has been bringing by meals as well and there were many people, which brought them several times. It has been great to not have to worry about cooking, when Payton was not feeling well. It was nice to be able to spend that quality time with him, when he needed it most and to still be able to have a nice meal. So appreciated, thanks so much!


3 comments:

aurora said...

Woo Hoo!!

I can't even imagine the relief and disbelief that you are feeling. You guys made it! You really did.

much love,
the dascanios

Tonya said...

I'm so excited he's finally done! My mom said that you guys were going to make it up to Idaho this summer...I can't wait to see the whole family together again. I'm going to take as much time off work to hang out with you guys while your there. It'll be good to finally get another family picture since it's been so long. I think the last family pic was when Stacy was pregnant with Ashton and Payton was 6 months old! I'm looking forward to just hanging out with everyone in mom and dad's backyard since that seems to be the favorite place to be. I love and miss you guys. I'm thinkin about you guys. Emily thanks for writing this blog...see how many lives your touching, even strangers.

Rochelleht said...

Lisa does rock, doesn't she!? I love that candy bar poster! SOOO CUTE!! What a fun surprise!