Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Are you my friend?

I watched my niece Ella today since my sister worked last night. Payton and Ella walked around saying to each other “Are you my friend?” and the other would say “yea.” As sweet as they both are they are very mischievous when together. As I was getting ready to take them to the park, I heard them talking upstairs about “yummy hotdogs.” I darted upstairs to find them both eating raw hotdogs from the fridge. I can’t imagine why they would want a raw hotdog, since I had tried all morning to get them to eat breakfast and they insisted they weren’t hungry. I decided to run through Burger King and get some red Icees and chicken nuggets to take to the park. I don’t know what I was thinking with the red Icees, but as I pulled up to the park Ella got so excited that she threw her drink down. As I started to clean it up I look over and Payton had thrown his as well. Glad to see that Payton is a very typical 2 yr old. You think I’d learn my lesson with the red drinks. After I cleaned up, we spent about an hour and a half at the park. The kids had a great time playing with each other. After we arrived home both kids jumped up on my bed and starting wrestling with each other. It was great to see Payton so excited to have somebody to play with.









2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I LOVE her red stain on the pants. CLASSIC! I know it's lame, but seriously, nothing bugs me more than waste. When my kids drop a drink I just paid for, it bugs me so bad. Like they really need the bad stuff in their bodies. I know, it would probably be better if the DIDN'T drink it, but it just bugs me.

Profound words from Rochelle... Ponder.

aurora said...

As soon as I read the words 'red Icee' I thought, 'uh-oh'...

I am so glad that Payton is having fun. Are you starting to decompress at all?