Friday, March 28, 2008

Back to the clinic!

Payton had his clinic appointment today. He really didn’t want to get out of bed this morning and head to the hospital, especially since I put cream on his port and he knows what that means. As I was driving to Cook’s, what memories it brought back of all the trips that I have made there. Memories of him being sick with fever and wondering how many days we would be there and memories of knowing that he had to go and get chemo. The clinic was really busy today and it was a really good feeling knowing that it was just a quick visit. It was really weird being back in the clinic as that place brings back memories as well. It was weird to hear the beeping of the IV poles and the nurses walking around in their blue gowns which are worn when they give chemo. And all of the little bald headed kids walking around and their concerned looking parents. I know that it hasn’t been very long since we have been done, but I have really tried to not think about that place and it’s weird to walk back in there. Payton’s counts are recovering nicely. His ANC and white blood count are still a bit low and need to be higher. I met with Dr. Bowman today and he has decided that for Payton’s next set of scans (June 11) to do an MRI and CT scan, to reduce the radiation that Payton will receive. I also talked with Dr. Bowman about when to catch- up with Payton’s immunizations, since his 3rd Birthday is approaching. Dr. Bowman said that we need to wait six months until after his last round of chemo before we can do any of that. It takes the body about 6 months to recover from the chemo. Payton was thrilled to find out that it was a short visit and I was as well. Payton is as busy as ever and keeping me busy, but it’s definitely a good busy.

No comments: