Tuesday, January 22, 2008

When Payton was first diagnosed It was hard for me to become friends with other cancer moms, sit in support groups, and sit in the play room and watch the bald headed kids play while hooked up to IV poles. I was living in my own heartache & I didn’t think I could carry others burdens since I was trying to understand my own. As hard as I initially tried to keep to myself I could not. I found myself falling in love with these children. Instead of seeking pity, these children exude strength in the face of adversity and want only what all other children want, to run, play, and “to be a kid”. What great strength they have all given me by being so brave. I think that all these little kids are angels and are so special and they have forever changed me because of their strength and the strength of their families. Here is our little buddy Julian’s Obituary if you get a chance to read. We have been so sad for his little family this week.

http://www.star-telegram.com/obituaries/story/423870.html

2 comments:

aurora said...

Okay, I am totally crying! Such a sweet little boy.

irbuanosraL said...

I'm with Aurora, that was very heart wrenching. What a precious little guy.
Sorry for the loss of your sweet friend Julian.