Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to the clinic for a cbc!

Payton has this obsession with band aids now.









Payton was exhausted and fell asleep during his transfusion. Eye is looking a little worse today.














I took Payton to the clinic today to have a cbc. Payton needed Platelets since he was pretty low at 14,000. It looks as if Payton’s counts are starting to recover. Payton now has an ANC of 220. Payton is also starting to get his appetite back. We are so excited since it looks as if we missed this round of being in the hospital. This will be the first time that we haven’t ended up back in the hospital on the full dosage. Payton is due to go back on Friday; to have chemo, another cbc to check his counts, and a GFR which will let us know how his one kidney is functioning. Depending on the GFR will determine how much Chemo drug Carboplatinum that Payton will receive. Friday will be a long day, but this is one step closer. We are due to start another big round of chemo next week if counts are high enough. Two more big rounds and we can hardly wait.

As I was driving to the clinic today, I was watching Payton through my rear view mirror. It made me so sad to watch him; he had tears streaming down his face saying “No more Dr. Bowman, Mom. I want to go home and watch Caillou in my bed.” I know that Payton has had it. He is so tired of the hospital, just like the rest of us. I hate waking Payton up at 7:00, when we have to be at the clinic at 7:45. It’s not exactly a fun way to wake up, knowing that you have to go get pocked. He is so brave and I am so proud of him. I watch him with amazement, how many of us would have gone through what he has and yet after every round he forgets and perks back up. If it was me, I’d be feeling depressed. That is the one nice thing about being two. He leaves all the worrying up to Chad and I.

1 comment:

aurora said...

Bless his baby heart!

That's great that you guys managed to avoid a hospital stay this round. Here's to doing that again on the coming round!

All our love and prayers, aurora