Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Got up this morning and packed our suitcase for a five day stay at the hospital. Had Payton there at 7:45 and found out that his counts are not high enough to start another round of chemo yet. It is so frustrating, we are so anxious to get this over. Also, our oncologist didn’t think that Payton’s counts would be high enough to start until Monday. Payton’s ANC isn’t even half what it needs to be. I questioned this yesterday, when he acted extremely tired. I am really kicking myself for even having him out to dinner last night for Savannah’s Birthday. I wouldn’t have taken him, if I’d have known he had such low counts still. Payton’s ANC was 5,200 on Friday and since he has gone off of his GCSF Shots, it was down to 300 today. I think it surprised all of us. That has been the most frustrating thing about this, you just can’t plan anything. Dr. Bowman said that for some reason Payton just takes forever to rebound. We’ll be back on Monday and hope we can start it then.

4 comments:

aurora said...

Oh Blast! That has to be so very frustrating! We just need to get this thing done!

Kent Gardner said...

Happy Birthday Savannah! Em, I think about Payton everyday and you guys are in my prayers.
Loves,
(cousin) Kristin

Kent Gardner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonya said...

I love and miss you guys. I think about you guys everyday. Give the kids a big kiss for me.