Saturday, January 19, 2008

Payton had a pretty good day today. We got out and grabbed lunch at Chick-Fil-A and ate it in the car like usual. (I am still too paranoid to take him many places.) We aren’t going to even know how to act when we can finally start being able to take Payton places again. After, I grabbed some groceries and we spent the day inside. It’s pretty cold here today; well cold for Texas anyway. Chad cooked chicken out on the grill and we watched a movie in front of the fireplace. I have learned to appreciate the simple days that we get to spend together as a family.

On a not so good note; we found out tonight that our little buddy Julian that we have been watching for the past few months passed away this morning. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor in March and it relapsed in October while still undergoing treatment. This has been extremely hard for me and hits really close to home. It is my biggest worry with Payton if this cancer will ever come back, for the most part I am optimistic, but you hear a story like this and it makes you think twice. I am grateful to know that Julian is not suffering anymore; the last few months have been really difficult for him and his family. I just can’t figure out why a four year old would have to go through as much as that little guy has. Because of my beliefs; I know that they will see him again, love him again, and hold him again. It makes my faith even stronger and gives me a deeper love and appreciation for the gospel. Life is so hard. I don’t know why some of us have some of the challenges that we have, but I feel like the past 7 ½ months have been extremely difficult for me and my family. I’m not one to preach, but put things in perspective in your life if you haven’t and know that we are only here for a short time and try not to procrastinate. Don’t forget to hug your kids a little tighter.

This is a recent picture of Julian.

2 comments:

aurora said...

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of little Julian. I can't imagine his family's grief, or your family's feelings.
I am so thankful for your sweet testimony and for your constant reminders to readjust our priorities and not take advantage of our blessings.
All of you are in our prayers each and every day. Lots of love-aurora

Rebecca said...

What a precious little angel. I'm so sad for his family. I too am thankful for the gospel and the perspective it gives us. I can't imagine going through life without it.