Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Finally Home!

We finally got home last night. Payton was thrilled when he was told he could go home, he ran down the hall and said “I did it; I got my noodle out” He will tell the nurse to “Put his noodle in the garbage” when she takes it out. Payton fell asleep on the way home last night and was thrilled to wake up and be home.

Today has been a pretty good day. It feels so good to be home. We are all so sick of the hospital. Payton didn’t wake up until just after 10:00. In the hospital you just don’t get very good sleep. He has been a little cross and complaining of his bum hurting, so I gave him a bath, which he loved. He told me “I am Shamu Mom” He doesn’t have much fear of the water. I have spent a lot of time watching Caillou today with him and holding him and haven’t accomplished much today. There are times he acts fine and wants to get down and play and other times when he just wants to be held. I have learned to appreciate the days we are at home and the quality time that I get to spend with him.

1 comment:

aurora said...

Yeah! You are home!

That is the cutest picture, ever! :)