Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another good day at home. Payton has spent most of the day in bed watching Caillou and ordering me to get him Cereal, Hot Noodles and whatever else he is craving.
Chad had to start giving Payton his GCSF shots again, which by the way I just can’t do. Payton looked at Chad with such fear in his face and eyes and said “No; Daddy, that’s a shot and that hurts baby.” It takes both of us tying him down to give him these shots. I can’t even imagine what he is thinking and I’m sure he wonders why we are doing this to him.
As I was dressing Payton today, I was looking at his three battle scars and reflecting on what we have been through. It really makes me sad that he has these awful looking scars and every time I see these scars it will be a reminder of what Payton has endured.
We will be back to the Clinic on Friday to see where his counts are. Still keeping our fingers crossed that we can stay out of the hospital this round. I’m sure his counts are dropping and only time will tell.

2 comments:

aurora said...

Break my heart!-- you and Chad are going through this just as much as he is. I mean, he has the illness, but you have all of the emotions and the hurt of a parent who can only "let" these things happen to your sweet boy for his own good.

Just remember how quickly he bounces back and plays like a wildman; this will all be a distant memory for him soon.

Hang in there! Hugs.

Jill Allsop said...

Chad, Emily, Savannah and Payton,
Grandpa Martindale and Kristin, Bella Rose and I are reading the last few days of your updates. We love you and are so amazed at the strength of all of you but particularly those little kids of yours. Can't help but shed some tears. Chad had a great birthday. Again know are prayers on constantly with you. Love , Aunt Jill