Friday, August 29, 2008

A quiet relaxing week...

It’s been a quiet and very relaxing week with Savannah being back in school. In some ways it was kind of a nice change from the summer routine of trying to find something to do every day. Payton has been very content to stay home and play with his toys. He received a Diego Mega Blocks set from his Grandparents for his Birthday back in April and has spent countless hours playing with it. I love it when we get so much play value out of a toy. Payton calls Diego “Ego” while playing and I have to chuckle every time he does. I also love the way he says lemonade and Christmas. I get a big kick out of how he talks with his cute three-year old vocabulary. I could just sit and listen to him talk all day and never get anything done. Last night I accidentally poked Payton’s eye and I could tell it was bothering him and he said “mom, I need a new eye, can I have speed racer’s eye?”

Savannah seems to have had a great week being back to school. She struggled so much last year adjusting to the school routine, it took her almost the whole year. I remember her teacher saying in April “Savannah is finally coming out of her shell.” I know it had a lot to do with what our family was going through. I am so pleased to hear that she is making friends and doing as well as she is. I enjoy watching her come home and hearing about her day. I hope that she will continue to do well.

Payton starts preschool next week with Miss Becki. He is so excited to start and was telling me today that he needs a “Mach 5 Back Pack from Speed Racer.” I love that he is all boy.



1 comment:

Rochelleht said...

Yeah, I'm so glad that he's going to Miss Becki's. How fun for him and you! Sounds like a great week. I'm so glad you guys (including Savannah) are able to just get back to normal life and living.