Monday, August 25, 2008

Big 2nd Grader heading back to school!

Last night we decided to set Savannah’s clothes out for the entire week. She always does better when she knows ahead of time what she is wearing. This morning, she got and decided she no longer wanted to wear what we had picked out. Being the sucker that I am for the 1st Day of school, I said go ahead and pick something else out. Usually I insist that she wears what we picked out the night before so there is no confrontation in the morning. Finally after trying on three different outfits we find the right one. Hallelujah! I want her to feel comfortable and good about what she is wearing and yet I am trying to teach her that it’s more important what’s in the inside. 2nd Grade and I am already dealing with this. I know that I am in for it.

Savannah was extremely nervous to start today and was complaining of her tummy hurting. She really had a hard time falling asleep last night. It’s my hope that she will adjust to getting back to a routine quickly.

I can’t believe that you are in 2nd Grade Savannah. We have had such a great summer together and have made some awesome memories, it was so much better than last year. You are growing up so fast and I love watching you go through every stage in your life. Don’t grow up too fast; you are still my little girl. I love you sweetie!


2 comments:

aurora said...

She sure looks grown up in that picture! Such a beauty.
Are you okay, Mom? :)

Rochelleht said...

Seriously, I'm with Aurora. I can't believe how big she looks!