Friday, August 1, 2008

Another fun week

I can’t believe another week has passed and that we are already into the first of August. It was a great week spent with my kid’s; activities for the week consisted of: Lunch at BK, Jump for Fun, Bowling, Swimming, and my favorite sleeping in and naps. I don’t know what it is but time with my children means everything to me. I spend so much of my day watching Payton and feeling so blessed that I have him with us. If I ever get upset at him I quickly remind myself to what he was doing last year I only have to think of him hooked to an IV pole, horrible extended stays (which I will never be able to put into words how hard they were), or watching them put chemo into his little body. It quickly helps me put the things in my life into perspective. Does it take something like this to change our outlook on life? Because I know that I wouldn’t be watching my kids so intently and cherishing every moment with them if I hadn’t been through something like this. It has forever changed my heart and me as a person to what kind of person and mom that I want to be.


This evening we took the kids to IHOP since Savannah decided that she wanted chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. We all sat around the table laughing at Payton. He’s got quite a sense of humor and had us all cracking up. Thank goodness we were stuck in the corner. After dinner we made a trip into Albertsons where Payton informed us that he wanted to rent Speed Racer for the3rd time. Every time Payton sees a Red box machine now he starts saying “I want to see speed racers.” It has to be one of the dumbest cartoon shows that I have seen, but what can I say, 1 ½ hrs of peace and quiet to get something done. Payton watches this so intently that I think he only blinks a couple of times during the whole show. I love it.
A Fun Day Bowling!


My little bowler!

Payton insisted on carrying the ball himself


And bowling or should I say throwing it himself.

No comments: