Sunday, August 10, 2008

I can’t seem to stay on top of things!

My sister is working this weekend, so I had her 3 kids on Friday night. I was busy in my bathroom trying to get it cleaned and Savannah comes running in “you better come quick mom.” I walked into my kitchen and found Payton and Ella both 3 yrs of age on the floor eating snacks in a pile of everything that once used to be in my cupboard. When I asked Payton what are you doing buddy he replied “Me and Ella needed a snack,” so you had to empty the whole cupboard, hu? That cupboard was really in need of a good cleaning anyway, so I got to work and put everything in order. It took some time and about the time I was finishing up, Savannah calls again “Payton and Ella have striked again.” I head upstairs to find that they had emptied his whole book shelf and a bunch of toys, certainly not to read the books, but purely because it is more fun to throw them. What makes me laugh is neither one of them by themselves would do this, but you get the two of them together and it’s amazing what they can accomplish or should I say destroy. I just feel like I can’t seem to stay on top of things; I try to accomplish something and it back fires and I have another mess to clean. As strange as it sounds; how can I complain? I love being able to watch Payton be himself again, even if it does mean that I have more to pick up.



2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is how it is with the twins. If one doesn't think of it then the other does. I am always on my toes. That is the joy of kids! They make a mess while you are cleaning a mess. I am so glad that Payton is a normal little boy again. Hugs.

aubs33 said...

I love your attitude. If only I could somehow gain that perspective on my 11 and 10 yr olds messes!! Oh and you are not alone. I am the queen of falling behind. I give it all I've got, but somehow it seems I'm a few steps behind (regarding the mess thing) most days.