Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Friday we headed off to Idaho Falls to see Chad’s family. We arrived and the kids were so excited to see their cousins and grandparents. We played outside with balloons and had Mexican food.

Saturday we had family pictures taken at a local park. I will post some pictures when we get them back. After we went to Leo’s Pizza place and the kids enjoyed playing in the arcade and play room. Later that evening we went to the falls where they were having a Blue Grass Festival; at that point Payton was exhausted and he napped which was nice for Chad and I to enjoy the nice weather and nice conversation.























Sunday we went camping to Warm River in Ashton. The kids had a great time cooking hotdogs and Smores. I love hotdogs and smores cooked over the fire. We also went to Mesa Falls since we were just minutes away. The kids loved that as well. Later that evening the kids played in the river. Chad spent the night while I took Payton and Savannah back to his parent’s house.











































Monday after everyone came back from camping the kids played on the slip and slide and played with water ballons. We ordered pizza that evening.





















Tuesday we had Mexican Food at Jalisco’s down by the Falls. Payton disappeared and we found him at the front sitting on a chair reading a newspaper.

Following lunch we went to visit Chad’s Grandparents, I really think that they were excited to see the kids, especially Payton. We came back had dinner and our uncle Todd and Aunt Tonya did a Fire works show.

























Payton feeding me ice cream.






















I can’t believe that it’s been 2 years since we have been to Idaho Falls. We had a lot of fun and it was a nice visit seeing everyone.

4 comments:

aurora said...

Looks like you guys are having such a great family vacation!
I am sure that all of your family is so excited to see all of you, and a nice, healthy Payton! :)

Greg Hanson said...

Love the picture of the family with the falls in the background. After a very exhausting year that is one serene picture.

Rochelleht said...

HEY! Warm River is where we go every year to the cabin. Isn't it GORGEOUS!!? We are headed up there in a week or so. Just love it. I'm in Idaho right now, myself. We're going to be doing the Fireworks in IF tomorrow. My kids went to Leo's the other night with my parents and loved it.

aubs33 said...

That's such a great picture with the falls in the background. Your family is adorable. Glad you're having a fun time!!!!! You take such great pictures. Payton looks soooo cute with his hair.
I went to Mesa Falls one time on a date. We ate a picnic on the edge of a rather tall cliff right by the falls. I got so close while admiring the view, my date was righ behind me. Suddenly I stumbled a little and started sliding off the edge of the cliff! Luckily my date caught me and pulled me back up. Also lucky the he was 6 ft 8, 250 lbs football player who was strong enough to grab me and pull me back up!