Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Discussion with Savannah

Put Payton down for a nap this afternoon and Savannah decided she had a few questions for me.

Savannah: Will Payton’s cancer ever come back?

Me: I hope not, we are staying optimistic that it won’t.

Savannah: If it does return will he die?

Me: I hope not, but that would mean it was his time to return to live with Heavenly Father.

Savannah: I don’t want Payton to die.

Me: I don’t want Payton to die either, but none of us know when our time to leave this earth is. Only Heavenly Father does.

Savannah: Will I ever get cancer? I’m too old right mom?

Me: None of us know if we will get cancer. You don’t need to worry about it right now.

Savannah: I don’t want to talk about this anymore.

It’s funny how we can go weeks without talking about it and she will suddenly come up with questions. Savannah is such a thinker. She is a great big sister to Payton and loves him so much. We have tried really hard to move on with life and to make things just as normal as possible, even though I know this is always in the back of our minds. We all have different concerns in our life, but this is one that I never thought we would have.

2 comments:

aurora said...

Oh Gosh! What a sweet little girl, and yes, what a thinker! Bless her heart. And yours. {hugs}

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Talking with kids is so cute; they have a whole new out-look on life. She does sound like a thinker. You had great answers; I dont know that I would have had such perfect answers. Aw!!! She is adorable.