Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 1 Pirates of Bear Lake

We arrived at the cabin and were greeted by Captain Jack Sparrow (Grandpa Jack Sparrow). The kids were thrilled and yet a little scared until they realized that it was Grandpa. We were led by Captain Sparrow into the cabin where we found pirate gear all over; a talking pirate, a pirate ship, parrots, flags, pirate tableware which included plates, bowls, spoons and forks, placemats, etc. The kids received swords, pirate shirts, eye patches, hooks, telescopes, and pirate hats. It didn’t take long before the kids put on their gear and were having sword fights.
Each of the kids received a pirate name from Captain Sparrow;

Payton; Barbossa

Ella; Scarlett

Noah; Captain Blood

Riley; Will Turner

Savannah; Gisell

Captain Sparrow told us pirate jokes and stories, and each child received a pirate bag with gold coins. The kids were told they could earn more pirate coins by doing nice things. It was great incentive since the kids helped us unload the car, ate a good dinner and helped with clean-up. After dinner Grandpa and Grandma pulled out two large treasure boxes where the kids were able to buy prizes with the coins they had earned.

Payton walked around the cabin with his hat on and sword in his hand singing “I am a pirate.”




























































































4 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Oh, I am so dying, I can't even STAND IT!!!!! That is the stinkin' cutest thing EVER. NO one in my family would ever do that, but I'm going to send my parents this link, just to torment them. We go to the cabin on Monday.

Of, course, I could always do something fun like that, but you don't see me running to the dollar store, now do you?

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

It was so cute when your Dad told me about this a few weeks ago.

That is the FUNNIEST thing ever, I was just laughing out loud at those pics. HAHA- Oh Lynn, he really is one in a million. I just love your family!

Im glad you guys are having so much fun!!! Cute pictures!!! Tell your cute family Hi for me.

aurora said...

Wow! Looks like tons of fun! Every kid's dream. :)

lannis said...

Oh my heck that looks like fun. I saw the setup the weekend before and i couldn't believe how creative your parents are. Cami wishes she were part of your family instead of ours haha RRRR'
It was so great to see you while you were here and i am glad to see your black eye didn't last too long. Lots of Love, Aunt Lannis