Friday, July 11, 2008

Farwell Everyone!




It’s crazy when I think about where we were just a year ago at this time. Payton was in the hospital for 21 days, trying to recover from a hard round of chemo. I look back now and I’m not quite sure how we ever made it through. I really enjoyed our vacation and enjoyed watching my kids just be kids and enjoyed watching them have fun. I watched Payton and counted my blessing that he was there with us. I really wondered over the past year if we would see the day that he would recover and be able to move on with life as a little boy.


I look at Payton today and hope the best for my little guy. I think about all that he has endured often and I am so grateful to see him recovering. I think about all the potential effects that the chemo and radiation could have on him often. Will we be able to avoid them? Will this ever return? I pray all the time that I will continue to see Payton grow. How do you separate yourself from the life and fear that you have been living? I try so hard to move on and yet it still lives so deep within my heart that all I have to do is think about it and it automatically brings me to tears. I am amazed at the strength that I have been given throughout this. I just don’t know how you could ever get through a crisis like this without the strength of our Heavenly Father. How lucky I am to have such a special little boy? I don’t know what I did to deserve him but he has strengthened me and given me the courage that I need to get through life and he will always have a special place in my heart.


I cannot believe how handsome my little guy is, Payton looks so great with his hair coming back in. He is so full of energy and I could spend every minute of every day watching him and thoroughly enjoying him for he truly has stolen my heart. He truly amazes me and because of him I am a better person today and always. I did a lot of thinking on this vacation. Family means everything to me and it was so great to see him be with his Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins whom love him so much. Treasure every moment that you get to see your kids, for we never know what lies ahead. Be patient with them and spend quality time with them for they are only young once.


We made it home from our vacation and we are all feeling a little sad to have to say goodbye. Thank you Parents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins for making our vacation the best! We Love you all!

5 comments:

aurora said...

Thanks for making me think. I am so quick to get flustered with my little ones.
I am glad that you had a fantastic vacation. You guys deserve to have a blast with family. WooHoo!

Rebecca said...

Your vacation looked like so much fun. What precious memories your kiddos will have of their family. I said it already, but your Dad is so awesome for organizing that for everyone.

aubs33 said...

Oh I'm so glad you could get away and have such great quality time with your family. It is hard to leave family knowing you won't see them for a while. I know that feeling well.
I think one of the hardest things to do is to not be afraid. It's a struggle especially when you know what can happen with cancer. I am right there with you. I do admire how you really seem to live in the moment, you are a great example of that. Hugs~

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Well I only got to see you for an hour or so but it was so good to see you! I just love you and your family. I am doing your Dads hair tomorrow so i get to hear all about Pirates of Bear Lake. HAHA! Hope you guys had a terrific visit! I know I tell you all the time but you are the best blogger... for reals!!

lannis said...

Wow i am typing this with tears rolling down my face. I have been remembering my cute little niece Emily who i have loved so dearly and who is now a tower of strength and kindness and an example to me. I really need to read your blog more often so i can remember to count my blessings and live each day to the fullest with no regrets.
I love you Emily. Could you ask Jen to add me to her blog. I miss her too. Thanks, Lannis
Lannis