Friday, July 25, 2008

Back to the H/O Clinic



We were back at the clinic today. Payton awoke to me putting cream on his port and was not very happy. Unfortunately, he knows what that means. He immediately started saying “no Dr. Bowman today.” He fought me a little but once we got there and once they flushed his port he was able to settle down. Payton’s counts are great and Dr. Bowman says that he looks great as well. We are really lucky that we aren’t seeing any problems or side effects and are keeping our fingers crossed it will continue to stay that way.


There are a couple of guys that volunteer at the hospital by bringing their guitars and singing to the kids. I remember being in the hospital when they came and Payton was able to go and listen to them sing. I remember how excited he was and I remember the tears flowing down my face as I watched these two guys being so kind and concerned for these kids. Well they were there at the clinic today and while we were in our room Payton heard them and immediately recognized their voices. He said “They are making music” I want to go and see. Payton was thrilled to go out and watch them; he loves the shaker they give him and loves to dance. I love how music can be a comforter and can help these kids forget about what they are going through. We were grateful this was a short visit and yet sad to see so many new kids in the clinic. It’s heartbreaking the clinic is always so busy. Payton’s due back on September 5th for his next MRI/CT Scan.

1 comment:

aurora said...

I am so glad that it was a quick in-and-out for you guys, and that Payton's counts look great! Yeah!
Sad, though, to hear of all of the other children who are having a lousy summer like yours was last year.
I am telling you, the people at Cooks truly are angels. :)