Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Farwell Bear Lake!

We are at the end of our pirate journey and are heading home from the cabin today. Of course, we are sad. The kids were excited to open the pirate chest one final time. Savannah and Riley had earned the most gold coins and had saved a lot until the last day. Grandpa and Grandma gave the kids pirate books to help them each remember The Pirates of Bear Lake Summer Adventure at the Cabin. Of course, my dad didn’t let us down a bit and outdid himself again this year. It has been great fun and definitely a summer to remember.

Top 10 Reasons Why I love the cabin;
1) Watching old movies that I never get a chance to watch and playing games
2) Spending quality time with and watching my kids, nieces and nephews
3) Bonding with and getting to know my brothers, sisters and parents better
4) Eating all my favorite snacks
5) Grilling and fixing all my favorite meals
6) Spending time at the Lake and riding wave-runners
7) Going to Pickleville playhouse
8) Cool evenings
9) Sleeping in and taking naps
10) No worry of needing to be anywhere and doing absolutely nothing

All five kids were exhausted on the way home.


2 comments:

aurora said...

They all looked pirated out! What a lot of fun they had. :)

lannis said...

What an adventure. I think Lynn and Jeanne should teach a class on creative grandparenting. I am so glad you are so good at blogging. This was a truly fun memory that is now forever documented. Thank you for sharing.
Lannis