Saturday, September 6, 2008

A long weekend waiting...

While Payton was undergoing his chemotherapy treatment I often questioned if we were hitting him too hard and I wondered if he would make it through his treatment because of the intensity of it. Now I look at the percentages of relapse for unfavorable histology and know why Dr. Bowman did what he did. I am so grateful for him and feel that he really made the best decision. The odds are horrible if Payton’s cancer were to ever return because of his unfavorable histology, I won’t even go there. I just know that all we can do is look forward and know that we did everything possible and leave the rest in the Lord’s hands. Why is this so hard to do?? My stomach has been turning and my head has been spinning all weekend. I’m ready for some results, Monday cannot come soon enough.

Payton is recovering from yesterday. His voice sounds hoarse from the breathing tube and he’s been cross but we are glad the day is over.

2 comments:

Tanalyn said...

i cannont beleive that i came across your blog... i think about you every now and then and tonight thought that i would stalk you and i can't beleive that it's really you! your kids are adorable! poor little peyton........there is nothing worse than having to watch a child go through such intense medical trauma and knowing that there is nothing that you can do but love them and pray that it all works out for the best. our oldest, dakota, has cerebral palsy and we have had to watch him go through many surgeries. i guess that's when we have to stop and enjoy the little simple things in life and appreciate the gospel that we have in our lives.
you'll have to email me so that we can catch up. tanalynparker@comcast.net
you guys look great!

Rebecca said...

I will keep you in my prayers this weekend. Hugs to you!