Friday, September 5, 2008

6 month after treatment CT scan and MRI

What a completely crazy and exhausting day. Payton’s CT scan and MRI were scheduled today, with his CT scan due to begin at 1:00. At 1:00 we received word that one of the two CT scan machines was having problems and that it would be a while. Finally, just before 4:00 we were called back. I have to hand to it Payton, he did remarkably well not being able to eat all day. I was the one that took Payton back to be put under and he had fallen asleep in my arms. When they woke Payton to access his port, he put up his bottom lip and as tears starting flowing down his face he said “where’s my daddy?” It’s horrible watching him go through the process of being put under anesthesia. I just couldn’t stop thinking of how proud I was of Payton for being so brave. After 3-1/2 hours, we finally got to see him. I can’t believe that the MRI took 3 hours to complete. It took Payton about an hour to wake up from the anesthesia. After being at Cooks for just over 9 hours we were exhausted. Needless to say, we won’t receive any results until Monday since they started the CT scan and MRI so late. It’s going to be a long weekend waiting to hear. We are all so exhausted and I have to work first thing in the morning, so I’m heading to bed. Thanks so much to Lisa for taking Savannah today; we couldn’t have done it without her.





Playing with gloves

Trying to come out of anesthesia




2 comments:

Lynn said...

Payton your are such a brave little boy. We are sorry that you had to go through all of that again. We are hoping that all of our prayers will be answered and you will continue to be blessed. Keep having faith. We know it had to be so hard to go through all of that again Emily and Chad. What a long and hard day- We're glad its over. We love you all and our prayers are with all of you.
Love Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

I'm thinking about you guys and love you guys.