Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hooray fall is finally here…




I absolutely love that fall is in the air. I love the cool evenings, crisp mornings and love that my kids can finally spend some time outdoors. I love that it’s the year 2008. I remember this time last year and remember feeling so stressed out. Now I just feel so at peace being able to enjoy the wonderful season approaching.


I love how fall brings remembrance of wonderful memories of the past. I look forward to my first cup of hot chocolate, wrapping myself up in a blanket, and sitting in front of the fire place. I look forward to going to the pumpkin patch with my kids and picking out pumpkins. Living in Texas this is the time of year that we wait for.


Throughout our trial with Payton it has given me such a great appreciation for the small, simplest things in my life. I used to be on edge and always had to be on the go and now I find myself feeling such peace in my life, enjoying spending time at home whether its cooking dinner, making cookies with the kids, listening to Savannah read or snuggling, playing or just talking with the kids. I am grateful that I have finally reached this point in my life. I am going to enjoy every moment of this wonderful season.

4 comments:

aurora said...

I love the feeling in the air, too! A promise of cool weather. Yummy. I'm so glad that you will have a MUCH better season this year. ;)

Tanalyn said...

I always seem to remember us in our first apartment together and I was always hot and you were always cold.......do you remember turning the heat way up and then I would sleep by the window with it opened, the fan going blowing the snow in on me? Oh the crazy days of Logan.

Breck said...

I really admire you! You have such a great outlook on life and you have a very good reason to!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post and blessing to be in this season of your life.