Friday, September 12, 2008

6 month after treatment H/O Clinic Appointment

Today was our 6 month after treatment H/O clinic appointment. All I have to do is walk into the clinic and hear the IV poles beeping to bring back such horrible memories. We met with Dr. Bowman, every time I see this guy I just want to jump up and hug him, he is so great. Dr. Bowman was thrilled with the results of Payton’s scans and said that he is looking so good. Payton can now go off all his meds, and can now meet with his regular pediatrician to get caught up on all of his immunizations. He also said it’s time to go ahead and remove Payton’s port, hooray for that! I will contact Dr. Black or Dr. Miller on Monday to set up a date for port removal. Other than the port removal Payton is done with H/O appointments for 3 months. Payton’s next CT scan/MRI is on December 11th and December 12th is his 9 month after treatment checkup. This will be the longest period of time that we will be away from the clinic/hospital. What a great feeling!





5 comments:

aubs33 said...

Oh I'm so happy for you and Payton. ☺ I am so glad you have such a wonderful doctor.

Laura said...

What a handsome little guy. I am so glad that he is doing so well.

aurora said...

Hooray! What a blessing. We are so happy for your sweet family. :)

...for all eternity said...

Scott will graduate a year from now. We are over half way though!! It seems like school will never end. One of us has been in school our whole marriage. I am so glad to see your little guy doing so well!

Rochelleht said...

This is SO great! What wonderful news. I'm so glad things are progressing and that he is healthy. YEAH!