Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am feeling so grateful right now and my heart is full of so much love for My Father in Heaven. I have been feeling so much anxiety and heartache over the past 4 days with the recent results of Payton’s MRI. I was not quite sure how I was going to get through life. I have spent time praying, pondering, fasting and trying to have faith that I would still have the opportunity to raise my little guy. I was scared and every time I looked at Payton my heart would fall apart. Would I see Payton go to Kindergarten, Would I get to see him finish Pre-K which he absolutely loves, would I get to raise him or would all of these dreams be shattered? Could I watch him go through Chemo again? I was questioning what I could physically and mentally handle. After struggling focusing sleeping and almost falling into a deep depression I awoke at 2 a.m. this morning with such peace in my heart and felt really good about Payton’s upcoming Ultra Sound today. I felt like things were going to be O.K. I cried and held Payton for 30 minutes straight and I felt what love My Heavenly Father has for my little guy. I finally was feeling some sort of peace. I awoke this morning and told Chad that I thought everything would be O.K. We headed off to the hospital and waited our turn. After finally being called back, The Radiology Tech started looking at Payton’s liver. After watching her for several minutes turn her head back and forth starring at the screen, I knew that she was not finding what she was looking for. I asked her “You don’t see anything, do you?” She replied, no.” At that point I felt even more peace and hope. She went and got another Tech and they came back in and said that they needed four eyes. Chad and I were starring at the screen the whole time trying to figure out what they are looking at. I could see it in their face, where is this mass that we saw on the MRI Scan? After more time passed, they told us that our Doctor would contact us with the results. Chad and I both knew what they were. Had our prayers, blessing, and fast worked? About an hour later we got a call from the Hematology Oncology Clinic with the results that Payton’s scans, they showed up negative. As a precaution, they want to line up another Ultra Sound in 6 weeks followed by an appointment with Dr. Bowman. Dr. Bowman is supposed to call us this evening to answer any questions. I still cannot believe that I am typing this. I feel so much love for My Heavenly Father and so much hope and have faith that scans will continue to come up negative. Is this all just another test of our faith? This is just another reminder to me in life of where to put my priorities and what matters most. I am so grateful for each moment that I have with my loved ones. I feel like I can breathe again, I have been hurting so much for my little guy. Thank you so much to all of you for your prayers, fasting, thoughts and kind words. Every day is a good day; don’t let a day pass by that you don’t appreciate what you have.

4 comments:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Goodness, this made me cry. My Momma called to tell me about Payton and I havent stopped thinking about you guys. This is such a blessing, your in my prayers!! Love ya!

aurora said...

What a wonderful blessing! Merry, Merry Christmas to you all. xox

Mandee said...

That is wonderful news!! We have been thinking of you all. So glad to hear things are looking better, now enjoy the holiday with some peace of mind.

Rochelleht said...

I hope you guys are having a great trip and I'm just SO glad for this news and hope it has lightened your burdens for this week.