Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wow, I can’t believe that it’s been a week since I have written anything. Life is so different not having your whole schedule surrounded by hospital stays and clinic visits. I have been surprised to learn how easy it is to fill up the free time. Savannah has really enjoyed being at home and has enjoyed spending time with her friends. It is so good to see her life resume back to some normalcy. Payton is doing great. Every week I see some improvement in him. He is starting to show some signs of wanting to be potty trained. It has been really frustrating, since before all this occurred we almost had him potty trained. It’s our goal to accomplish this by the summer. Payton’s eye lashes are really coming in now and his eye brows and hair show signs of stubble. I can hardly wait to see him with hair again and wonder what he will look like. I am anxious to have his hair come back and yet will really miss his soft little bald head. Something that I never thought I would get used to. Payton is busy as ever playing with all of his toys. As much as you try to go on with life and have some normalcy there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about him and all that our family has gone through. Every time I dress him, his battle scar is a constant reminder of the past year. I am so grateful for everyday that I have him and get to be with him. I really think that through all this, it’s made me realize how short life can be. I have had the hardest time getting mad at Payton, after all he has endured and after fighting for his life this past year, I don’t even have it in me. Payton and I will always have such a close bond together, especially since I have been by his side nonstop through this; held him when he didn’t even have any energy to walk or held him when he had thrown up so much that he didn’t want to move, I wouldn’t want it any other way and I am thankful that I was able to be there. Payton will be back to the clinic on Friday to have his port flushed and then the next CT scan is lined up for June 11th. Of course we are scared, but hopeful.

Chad’s parents flew in from Idaho Falls on Thursday to spend some time with the kids. Chad’s dad hasn’t seen Payton in just over a year. The kids love having their grandparents around. Friday we went out to Grapevine Mills Mall and I got some great deals for Savannah for school clothes for next fall at the Children’s Place and also some great clothes for Payton. I just love that store and love their great prices. I love to shop and even love it more when I can get such great deals. Today, I had to work, so Chad took the kids and his parents to the Dallas Aquarium. We are planning on going to Fossil Rim on Monday and then they will fly back out on Tuesday. It’s been great having family come in as we don’t get to see them very often. I am hoping that the Bluebonnets are still out, since I have still not got pictures yet. That is so not like me. Hope that everyone is having a good weekend, love you all.









2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

That was beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to be by his side the whole time, too. What a blessing. I'm really glad Chad's parents are here to enjoy the kids. How fun! Have a great time tomorrow.

aurora said...

I just know that you both will have a special bond forever. ♥ I think that will be your reward for the endless hours at his side.

It is so great to see him so excited to get into the Nursery! He just wants to pick up where he left off; he has such spunk and spirit.

We've never been to Fossil Rim-- I hear it is totally awesome!