Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What a crazy way to start your vacation. We were supposed to fly out on American Airlines on Tuesday. Since we got caught up into all the flight cancellations that American is having we were not able to fly out until Wednesday. Then, on top of everything else, Savannah woke up in the night with a temp of 104 and throwing up. Keeping our fingers crossed that Payton and I don’t get sick as well, since this is a much needed vacation. Our flight was actually canceled twice and we were lucky to even get on an afternoon flight, since they had 54 people flying standby for this flight. What a crazy experience. My sister and I were ready to get on a plane after chasing Payton and Ella around the airport. You got to love two “3 years olds” that have a mind of their own. They were both really anxious to finally be on the plane. After we got our seats, one of the flight attendants was asking about Payton’s bald head. I’ve been amazed at the questions I've been asked throughout all this. I guessthat I would rather have somebody ask questions than get stares. Anyway, I explained that he didn’t have hair because he has been going through chemo. She immediately asked Payton if he’d like to go and meet the pilots and sit in the cock pit. Payton shook his head yes and we went up and met the pilots and he got to sit in their chair. The pilot was so nice and said that he had his camera and offered to take a picture and to e-mail it to me. Payton was in shock and didn’t say anything. When we got back to our seat he told the Lady next to us “I got to fly the plane.” He continued to beg me to fly the plane again. That was a neat experience for him since he has a fascination with planes. Lucky for me, Payton slept most of the trip and so I was able to close my eyes for a minute as well.

The kids were absolutely thrilled to see their Grandpa and Grandma. We are really looking forward to being away for a few days. We are going to my Grandpa’s Cabin at Bear Lake for a couple nights and it will be fun to just relax.


2 comments:

aubs33 said...

Emily, that is so neat! I just love gracious and kind people. I am glad you ran into some on your flight. Sorry you were in the middle of the AA nightmare. I hope you have a really fun trip.
A.

aurora said...

Wow! A three year-old boy's dream come true!! That was really awesome.

Sorry about the chaos at the airport. I hope that your time away is just what the doctor ordered-- without any doctor ordering anything! :)