Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday, April 29th, 2010

Life is good and I have so much to be grateful for. Payton is starting to recover and is doing much better. He is finally off of Lortab and has been taking Ibuprofen as needed. I've been wondering why Payton has not been asking many questions regarding his surgery since we didn’t give him prior warning. Well it hit me this past week when he broke down and sobbed for 30 minutes asking many questions of why he had to go through this. He didn’t ask anything while being under his strong pain medicine and now that he is off of it he has started asking questions. I was trying to mow the lawn while Chad was teaching his night class at TCC and Payton was watching me. Payton bumped into something in the garage and hurt his stomach and just lost it. He was asking all sort of questions like “Why didn’t you or Dad have to have surgery and why can’t you just take this surgery away? I am so tired of hurting and feeling this way.” Bless his heart for everything that he has had to endure. Every day seems to get a little better, but Payton seems to tire quickly and takes naps on a daily basis. I am totally amazed at the great faith that Payton has at the age of 5. So many times has Payton asked me to hold his little hand and say a prayer that his tummy will not hurt anymore. His appetite seems to be coming back now that he is off of his pain meds as well. He still looks pretty skinny but I know he will bounce back in no time at all. We are due back to see Dr. Miller on Tuesday and Payton is anxious to tell him that he has been following his instructions. We are hoping that Payton will feel good enough to return to school next week. Payton has asked several times about the kids in his class and his teacher Mrs. Robertson. I am thinking to let him return on Monday or possibly Wednesday since I would have to pull him out on Tuesday for his appointment anyway.

Payton is still my great little helper. Even though at times he doesn’t feel himself, he still insists on helping me with dinner, watering flowers, folding laundry and helping clean the house. He is by far my best little helper around the house. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t feel grateful that he is with me. He truly brings such joy to me and makes me smile every day. This has made me slow down even more and helped me to enjoy every little moment that life has to offer. I will slow down to his pace and hold his little hand and spend more time talking to him because every day with my little guy is truly a gift. I am so grateful that he is improving each day and cannot wait until the day he can ride his bike and go back to the park, since that is one of his favorite things to do. We are almost there.

Savannah on the other hand is a great little girl as well. She has had her 3rd Grade Texas State Taks Test this week. She has been a little stressed out but is relieved to have it over with. We struggle with her a little in the morning since she is just not a morning person. Savannah has a pretty funny personality and makes me laugh. Savannah has this phobia with flies in the house. She is constantly checking to make sure that doors are shut and if she happens to see a fly, she will run around chasing it until she catches it. Payton and I have spent many of days chuckling at watching her chase flies. Last night I was brushing Payton’s teeth and I happen to see a fly that I could easily catch. Knowing how much Sav hates flies, I decided to catch it. Savannah started jumping up and down and said “Mom, you did it, you killed the fly.” She then held out her hand, shook my hand and said “Congratulations, you have passed your first step of fly catching school.” She really has a funny personality and is a joy to be around.

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Ah, poor little pumpkin. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Mornings are not fun around here with our girls, either. :-(

aurora said...

Those questions are tough! Bless his baby heart.

Love the fly story! ;-)

Victoria said...

I hope he gets to come back to school soon! We all miss him so much and every few days someone will ask where Payton is.
We have a field trip on Wednesday that will have a lot of walking, just so you know.
I can't wait for him to come back. Tell him we love and miss him very much!