Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another day closer to recovery...

We are grateful to be one day closer to recovery. Payton is still complaining that his stomach is “Ouchy.” I am surprised that he hasn’t asked more questions than he has. He will just make comments like “Savannah, you have to go to school tomorrow, but I don’t because I had surgery.” Payton was able to take a bath for the first time today and we were able to remove his bandage from his Chest tube. It was hard to see Payton in the tub since he looks really frail and skinny. It made me feel horrible to look at his big incision and think about how sore he must feel. When we were taking him out of the bath he was crying since he was in pain and I started sobbing. It is so hard to watch him hurt. Payton looked up at me and said “Mom, Don’t cry anymore, it will start to feel better soon.” I love the faith and strength that Payton shows and has shown throughout his life. After Payton’s bath he looked at me and said “Mom, we haven’t played Candy Land in a long time.” Candy Land is one of Payton’s favorite games. Surprisingly he sat up for a few minutes and played until he got tired. I love how little kids are so resilient. Payton took a few naps and still spent most of his day in bed. Payton is still on Lortab every 4 hrs and we hope that soon we can start winging him off. Savannah has been very patient and helpful with Payton. Payton enjoys having her company and having Savannah entertain him. We cannot wait until we can see our little guy run around again and be a normal 5 year old boy.

1 comment:

aurora said...

He is so adorable. What faith and strength that kid has! Glad that his recovery is moving forward each day. Baby steps still get there. xoxox