Thursday, May 22, 2008

Today is the first day that Payton noticed his hair is coming in. We were driving in the car and I could see him in the back rubbing his head. He said, “Mom, my head feels soft.” He continued to rub his head and laugh and said “that’s silly, mom, I have hair.”

My sister Kelsey flew in on Wednesday and the kids were very excited to see her. She is going to stay with us (my sister Jennifer and I) for a couple of weeks and we are so excited she is here. Last night we had a girl’s night out and went to a movie, it was a lot of fun to get out and spend some quality time with Jennifer and Kelsey. It’s nice to have all of us back together again.

Lately Payton is bound and determined that he is Payton, nothing else. For example, if we say to him, you are such a good boy he will reply “I’m not a boy, I’m Payton.” Payton also has a mind of his own. When getting in or out of the car, he has to do everything himself. Payton has to open and close the door and buckle himself. He is very stubborn when he wants to do things himself.

3 comments:

Greg Hanson said...

Such a handsome little guy. So cool that he picks up on things like that and can giggle about it. Simple and meaningful pleasures. What a great blessing to notice it.

aurora said...

It's funny that he noticed it now. :-) I bet it feels funny to him.

I am sure that you and your sisters sill have tons of fun! Enjoy.

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Hey Emily

Its your cousin Andrea, I just read this about payton insisting he is just payton and I thought that was so funny because my son Ian always does the same thing. I will tell him "you are so silly" and he will reply adamantly " I not silly I IAN". Anyway I thought that was so sweet.