Saturday, December 8, 2007

We're finally home!


Enjoying a sonic drink.















Payton was finally released from the hospital. He was so excited he told us and his nurse, take my noodle out (referring to his needle) and put it the garbage, I want to go home. He came home and didn’t want to go to sleep. He was so excited to run around without being hooked up to a pole. We decided to go and feed the fish since that is one of Payton favorite things to do. It was such a beautiful day (70’s) here in Texas. We so much enjoyed getting outdoors with him. I’m sure after being locked up in his room for 10 days straight, if felt pretty good to get out. He has still been a little cross at times today and complains of his bottom hurting, but overall I think that he is starting to feel better. We are thrilled to be done for a few days. Our next round of chemo was supposed to start on Monday, so I’m sure we will be a few days late starting. Payton is due back in the clinic on Tuesday to check his counts. We are really hoping that we can be out for Christmas. Only 3 more big rounds to go. We are ready to be done and are so proud of Payton for being so brave.

On a not so good note; our little friend Julian went in for his MRI on Thursday and found out that his cancer has returned and spread to his brain as well as spinal fluid. He is in the hospital on high pain med’s. Our hearts go out to him and his little family.

5 comments:

Jennifer Crawford said...

I'm so glad that you are finally out of the hospital. Enjoy your days! It will be cold on Sunday!

irbuanosraL said...

Emily, reading your blog has been most touching and overwhelming. I am sitting here crying and just amazed at the difficulties you've been through with your little Peyton. Me along with the whole ward love youguys and continue praying for you. HUGS!!!
A.L.

aurora said...

I am so glad that you are finally home! What a long haul that was.

I hope that the scheduling will be such that you'll be able to be home for Christmas.

We love your sweet family. :)

aurora said...

PS-- I hope that it's okay that I added you to my sidebar... :)

JohnDascanio said...

Hello Emily,
Truly humbling to read your blog. Our family prays for Payton a few times a day and has been for months now. We don't know God's will, but we are praying for his mercy for Payton and for your family. You must be a strong woman.
Thank you for what you have written -- for helping me to have a better perspective and to strive to be a better person. My love to you, Chad, Savannah and to my little hero Payton.