Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Can't Wait for Christmas

Payton has been getting really excited for Christmas this year. He has been carrying around his Christmas presents and can hardly wait to open them. Payton decided to open the corner of one of his presents the other day and told me that he peeked and saw that it was a plane. I taped the present back up. Since then Payton has been carrying around the same present telling me “mom this is a plane”. This morning I awoke and started getting ready to head to the hospital since Payton was still sleeping. While getting ready, I heard Payton in the other room awake and talking about a plane. I walked in and found that he had decided to open up his plane. I guess it is too hard for a 2 yr old to wait.

We went to the hospital today to check Payton’s counts and found out that his counts were not high enough to start the next round of chemo yet. We are now supposed to go back on Friday to check and see if his counts are high enough then. Payton is also due to have an EKG on Friday to make sure that he doesn’t have any damage to his heart from the chemo drugs. Although we are really anxious to finish up with all of this, by pushing it off to Friday, it should almost guarantee that we should be out for Christmas.







1 comment:

Jennifer Crawford said...

Very cute pictures- I love reading your blog and seeing him! You'll be so glad you are writing all these funny things down!