Friday, October 17, 2008

Field trip to the Pumpkin Patch...

Yesterday was Payton’s preschool field trip to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. It was supposed to be on Wednesday but due to the rain was rescheduled. Payton was so excited to go; first thing he said when he awoke was “Do we get to go to the Pumpkin Patch today?” When we arrived Payton squealed with excitement that we were finally there. It was a little cool, but felt absolutely wonderful to me. Have I expressed how much I love the fall season? The kids had a blast enjoying playing in the jump houses, going through the corn maze, going on a hay ride to pick out pumpkins, eating a picnic lunch and looking at all the cute painted characters. I love that place and still can’t believe they don’t even charge. I heard that they have a couple vendors that come in on the weekend and sell kettle corn, corn dogs, etc. it sounds better than the fair to me. I would really love to go back with Savannah and Chad; we’ll have to see it we can make it happen. The day was very fun and well worth it, so glad I got to spend the day with my little buddy.


I remember going to the Pumpkin Patch last year with Payton and he had just finished up a round of chemo and was so sick and skinny, I posted a picture of him last year, because I can’t believe the difference. Ok; so I already know that I am a little pictures crazy, I could have worse habits though, right?

Last Year's trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Ella, Geoffrey and Payton in Miss Becki's Car

Snack time






Looking at the 25 year old Turttle (Bertha), Pigs, and Horses

Maze ending with a slide


Giving Mickey and Miney a hug




5 comments:

Tanalyn said...

I can't beleive how much difference a year can make.He looks so good and healthy!What a fun field trip and I'm so glad that somebody else gets camera happy!There are just some things that I'm afraid I won't remember....

Rochelleht said...

I see your field trip went slightly better than mine. :-) Love the pumpkin patch!

aurora said...

It was chilly, but super-fun!
Cute pictures.♥
Wow, I have already forgotten how thin he got. Yay for health! ♥

Lynn said...

We are so happy you take pictures of our cute grandkids. It is awful living so far away from them and we love being able to see all the fun things you are doing. Thanks!
We love you all! Mom

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Looks like a great trip - you are such a good mom! Love you guys. I am so glad all is going well!