Thursday, March 12, 2009

Payton's 1 Year after treatment scan day!

Today was Payton’s 1 year after treatment Echo/EKG, CT scan and MRI. It was long and very stressful day which I am glad to have over with. The day started with Payton’s Echo/EKG, thank goodness that Curious George was on T.V. to help us get through those tests. After Payton had his CT scan and MRI which is always a long wait. They gave Payton some ‘giggle juice’ before giving him his gas mask and he started saying “one doctor, two doctor, three doctor, four doctor, five doctor and six doctors.” He was acting goofy so I thought for sure the medicine was working, but when it was time for his gas mask he really fought it. I always struggle with that part. I keep thinking this will get easier and it never does. It breaks my heart having to watch Payton be so scared and go through such a traumatic event. My chest feels heavy and my heart aches when I have to watch him. The pain doesn’t go away until I get some good results. Twelve more hours and hopefully I will be able to breathe again. Chad and I broke away to the cafeteria after Payton was taken back for his scans. We spent our time talking about how much this has changed our family and how blessed we felt to have found Payton’s tumor when we did. It was a good conversation and I feel that we have all come so far in our lives and this has made our family so much stronger and closer. I’m exhausted and heading to bed, hopefully will be posting good news tomorrow.
Waiting for Echo/EKG

Payton's Echo/EKG

Waiting for CT/MRI


Payton after he took his "giggle juice"

Trying to wake up after the anaesthesia


3 comments:

aurora said...

Bless his baby heart! And yours. I can't wait till you post your good news! :D xox

Rebecca said...

Here's hoping for wonderful news. Hang in there. :)

Rochelleht said...

Oh! I really hope everything came out well. Update us soon!!!