Sunday, August 29, 2010

Payton's 2 1/2 year after treatment scans

Tomorrow is Payton’s 2 ½ year after treatment scans. Where does the time go? We are so grateful that Payton has recovered so well from his surgery 4 months ago in April. Payton learned a great deal of faith and prayer through this past surgery. I remember him waking up in the middle of the night crying because he was in a lot of pain and he would say, “mom, hold my hand and pray that I will feel better.” He then, would quickly fall asleep and be fine. Payton on several different occasions will suggest that we have prayer. This past week Savannah came home with a stomach bug and Payton was really concerned about her. I was busy in the kitchen getting Savannah a drink. When I returned to the bedroom I found Payton saying a prayer next to Savannah. He said, “Help my sister to feel better because she doesn’t want to be sick anymore.” I immediately had tears rolling down my face. When Payton finished his prayer, I asked him what he was doing. He replied, “Mom, we have to ask Heavenly Father to help us when we are sick.” I was really taken back that my five year old was telling me this. Payton is such a true blessing in our family and I fully believe that he is here with us for a purpose. What amazing faith he has at the age of 5.

Back to Payton’s scan’s tomorrow. Payton will have an ultrasound, chest X-ray and Echo/EKG tomorrow. We are so excited that we no longer have the CT scans and MRIs. I am extremely happy that he doesn’t have to be sedated anymore as well as be exposed to as much radiation. Our oncology appointment with Dr. Bowman is not until Friday, so it will be a long week waiting for results. We are staying very optimistic for cleans scans and a good week.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

sending you some good vibes

Unknown said...

Please keep us posted. Good luck!