Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day Back To School

I am feeling really emotional as Payton is getting ready to start Kindergarten. I recall feeling so scared and unsure if I would see this day come. What a crazy few years our life has been. I still look back and cannot believe that Payton went through cancer, radiation, surgeries, chemo, and a possible scare relapse. At times it feels like such a blur. We are all doing well at moving on and putting it behind us. At times like this when I recall wondering if I would see him attend Kindergarten it brings it all back again. I am so truly grateful that I have Payton with us today. There has not been a single day that has passed that I haven’t poured my heart out and thanked Heavenly Father that I have my little one with me. Payton to me is a constant reminder to be thankful for all the little things in life. I am thankful that I am his mom. I am thankful for all the time that I get to spend with him and cannot seem to every get enough of him. Payton asks me a question every day which is “Mom, why do you like me so much.” He says, “You kiss me a lot every day and you are always so nice to me.” It’s like I have a pair of sunglasses on and I see things through different eyes. I don’t think that will every change. Payton is so precious. Chad and I look and Payton and then look at each other all the time and I always know that we are thinking the same thing. How truly lucky we are to have our little guy. We just eat up every moment that we have with him.

So back to today, I am sad but also feeling so amazingly grateful to see my little guy attend his first day of Kindergarten. My family wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have Payton as part of our lives. Even though I am sad that this means I will get to spend less time with him, what a great day it is.






5 comments:

Nicole said...

It's so hard letting them go to kindergarten!! That is an emotional time! Especially after all that you have been through! Hope your doing good!! :)

aurora said...

I am so glad to see this day come for you all, too. It is so sweet that he notices all of your affection and doesn't just take it for granted. What a little love!

Rochelleht said...

Yeah! They look so cute and I'm so glad you've made it this point. A real miracle. You guys rock!!!

Unknown said...

I love Savannah's outfit. She looks great! I'm sure this was a huge day for you. I get emotional thinking about it. Payton is a walking miracle. I'm so happy for your family.

Victoria said...

I hope Payton LOVES kindergarten! I know he will do great!