Saturday, March 13, 2010

Payton's Results...

We met with Dr. Bowman on Friday to receive the results of Payton’s Thursday scans. Payton’s CT scan showed clean but his MRI showed the same spot on his liver which we saw back in December. The spot has grown from 8 mm to 10mm. It is growing slow but still worries Dr. Bowman since it is growing. Dr. Bowman contacted Dr. Miller a surgeon at Cook’s and discussed the option of taking Payton in for surgery to try and remove it as well as a piece of his liver. Dr. Miller has agreed to do the surgery and we are waiting for a call from him on Monday to set up a consultation and surgery date within the next two weeks. Disappointed, Nervous, Numb, Sad, Angry, would be words to describe how I have been feeling. I am trying to keep it together in hopes that it is benign. We do have it in our favor that there is only 1 and that it is slow growing. If only I can keep it together until we can go in for surgery and get some results.

4 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Oh Emily! Thanks for the update. I am praying for you guys. I really hope that it is nothing. I'm feeling super optimistic! I really pray that's the case!!! Love you guys!

Kelly said...

i will keep positive thoughts for payton and your family.

aurora said...

Oh gosh, Emily! We will keep him (and your whole sweet family) in our prayers. I am with Rochelle--I am feeling optimistic. xox Aurora

Unknown said...

There's nothing like waiting, is there? For what it's worth, I feel optimistic as well. You've been blessed with so many miracles, and the blessings don't ever stop. No matter what happens.

Good luck.