Monday, July 13, 2009

The start of our Wild Wild West Adventure

We arrived to Buffalo Lodge in West Yellowstone on Monday. Our entire family arrived including; my brothers Brian and Michael and their wives Lisa and Dani. My brother Jeremy from Oregon with his wife Stephanie and three kids; Kiersten, Jayson, and Joshua; My two sisters Kelsey and my sister Jennifer with her new husband Kevin and 6of their kids; Kaitlin, Trevor, Kirsten, Noah, Riley and Ella as well as Grandpa and Grandma. We are excited to start our Wild Wild West Cowboy and Indian Adventures. The cabin is beautiful and all of us are so excited to spend time together. The kids received their official cowboy hats, scarf’s, badges and names. Grandpa’s name is Butch Cassidy, Payton’s Sundance Kid and Savannah’s Annie Oakley. Grandpa (Butch Cassidy) introduced The Pony Express Mail to the kids. This is where the kids will find their Activities and Clue’s for the day. Grandpa also hung up wanted posters with all of the kid’s pictures. When the kids have their poster on the wall it means they are wanted and they have to help with a chore such as taking out the trash etc. The kids are so excited and we are ready to start our Wild Wild West adventure.

Riley (Jennifers little boy) picked the theme The Wild Wild West for the year. The theme for next year is being discussed.











In the evening we went to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. We all had a great time and the kids all got a bear from Grandpa and Grandma.





















2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I'm so excited for the adventure to begin! I feel like I'm there, myself. Can't wait to see what else Grandpa has in mind...

Mike, Jodi, Bryson, Callie & Mylie Schwartz said...

Hi Emily!
I love to read your blog and see your cute family. Your latest vacation sounds like tons of fun. I'm sad I never get to see your family much anymore but I guess that is what happens when we all grow up and move away.
Love,
Jodi Schwartz (your cousin)