Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grandpa Martindale

I received a call from my Dad Tuesday morning saying that my Grandpa had passed away. Chad, Savannah, Payton and I quickly purchased airline tickets on Tuesday and left for SLC first thing Wednesday morning. We wanted to be here for the funeral since my family has always had such a close relationship with my Grandfather. The viewing was on Thursday evening and the funeral Friday morning. It was so neat to see all my 5 brothers and sisters attend from their various locations. It’s hard for me to believe that my Grandpa is gone; I have always had such a close bond with him. My Grandpa was always so supportive to me in my life. I have such fond memories of him and he will be deeply missed. Chad flew back home today and I will be returning on Wednesday.



3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Oh, Emily. I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose a grandparent, especially when you are so close, but I am so glad you get to go home for the funeral. AND that everyone in your family was able to go, too!

aurora said...

I am so sorry to hear about his passing. It sounds like he will be greatly missed.
Hugs to you all.
xo

Maya said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! Take care. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I'm all well, and hope you'll soon be to!