Sunday, February 28, 2010

Payton's Pre-K Valentine's Party

The Thursday before Valentine’s Day I received a call from Savannah’s school at Bluebonnet asking us to come and pick up our kids as soon as possible due to a snow storm that was hitting North Texas. We are already on our second missed day of school this year because of the snow. I am anxiously waiting spring since it has been a really long winter season.

Due to school being canceled on Friday The Kids’ Valentine’s Parties were rescheduled until Monday, the day after Valentine’s Day. I surprised Payton and arrived at his school party. Payton immediately jumped up when he saw me walking through the door, telling all the kids “That’s my mom, that’s my mom.” I quietly told him to sit back down since Mrs. Robertson was trying to finish her lesson. Payton then said “Mom are you here for my party? I didn’t know that you were coming to my party.” Yes buddy, I replied sit back down and listen to Mrs. Robertson. He then said “Mom, we are going to have so, so much fun, we are going to pass out Valentines and have ice cream.” Yes buddy, I said, and I motioned for him to be quiet. “Mom, what do you want on your ice cream, you can have ice cream, mom, do you want one,” Payton said. Mrs. Robertson replied, “Payton, I am so glad that you are excited that your mom is here. Let’s have our Party." It was so much fun watching the kids interact with each other. I just love Mrs. Robertson; we have been so blessed to have her as Payton’s teacher this year. Several times Mrs. Robertson has whispered in my ear things like “I asked Payton why he has a scratch on his face” and he replied “my sissy did it, when I go home; I am going to kick her butt.” She said that Payton is quite the comedian in the class and it takes all she has not to laugh at some of the things he says. She truly does have some great patience and love for Payton. Payton tells me almost every day. “Mom, I just love Mrs. Robertson.” What a great day it was getting to see Payton’s entire class, all of his little friends are so cute and it was nice to be able to put a face to all the kids.







1 comment:

Rochelleht said...

Oh, he is SOOO cute!! I'm glad he's having so much fun.