Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another exciting week...

Life in our household is still crazy busy as usual. Chad defended a few weeks ago and will graduate here in December. He has taken a PT evening teaching position at TCC. We are hopeful that he will find something more permanent soon. But in the meantime are grateful for what we have. I am still working weekends and stay busy running kids around during the week.

I cannot believe that the kids are in their third week of school already. Both Savannah and Payton are doing so well at adjusting back into a routine. Payton started today at Miss Becki’s preschool. He only had a half hour in between schools but did a great job considering that he went all day. I could tell that he was exhausted by the end of the day. I am so pleased to how the school year has started.

Payton has his 18 month scans on Thursday. Where does the time go in between? It seems like we were just at Cook’s for his 15 month scans. I always feel a lot of anxiety the week of his scans. It’s also a time that I can’t help but sit back and reflect on what our little guy went through. Even though 18 months have come and gone there isn’t a day that goes by that I feel such gratitude to have our little boy with us. He has been a true blessing to our family and he keeps us laughing and smiling every day with all the cute things that he says. Payton’s scans are at 6 a.m., but I am grateful for that since it will make it easier on him since he cannot eat or drink anything prior. Hopefully this week will soon pass and I can start to feel some relief. I wish I could say that this gets easier every 3 months but it just doesn’t.

2 comments:

aurora said...

So glad that the kids are getting adjusted to the routine. They are sweeties.
Fingers crossed for Chad! Getting closer, right? :D
Will be thinking of you all tomorrow and waiting to see that all is well.
Love you all!!!

Rochelleht said...

Wow! I hope everything went well today! He's getting so big!!